What is the Nebraska Civic Engagement Table?
The Nebraska Civic Engagement Table is a statewide 501(c)(3) nonprofit, nonpartisan organization. Our goal is to create a year-round culture of civic engagement in Nebraska, and we offer grassroots organizations with deep community connections the resources and training they need to engage with the communities they serve.
What does the Table do?
The Table exists to strengthen Nebraska’s nonprofit community through collaboration, training, and leadership development. The resources we provide help our member organizations build year-round civic engagement in the communities they serve. Our goal is to ensure all Nebraskans’ voices are represented in the policy decisions that affect their lives, and to build leadership among community members and our nonprofit partners
Who does the Nebraska Table help?
The Nebraska Table serves as a backbone organization providing resources to nonprofit 501(c)(3) community and advocacy organizations that empower the rising electorate in our state. The rising electorate includes groups that are often underrepresented, such as African-Americans, Latinos, Native Americans, new citizens, low-income families, women, LGBT Nebraskans, and young voters.
Who should join the Table?
Any 501(c)(3) organization that provides direct services to an underrepresented group, or that advocates for underrepresented groups, would benefit from joining the Table’s collaborative network.
What are some examples of the resources you will provide?
- Access to statewide voter files (VAN), data management, and technical support
- Access to reduced-cost technology through bulk technology purchases
- Access to shared polling and research
- Media relations, messaging, and strategic communications support through a dedicated communications hub coordinated by the Nebraska Table Communications Director
- Coordinated, statewide nonpartisan voter registration and Get-Out-the-Vote (GOTV) campaigns
- Access to civic engagement tools (e.g., predictive dialer, patch-through phone calls, phone and door-to-door canvassing lists, scripts, email blasts, etc.)
How is The Table funded?
- The Table has secured multiple streams of private and foundation funding to cover operating costs and staff salaries
- We have secured the funding we need to ensure that the Table will launch successfully and be an effective resource for nonprofit organizations statewide.