The Nebraska Civic Engagement Table ensures 501(c)(3) grassroots organizations with deep community connections can access the civic engagement tools and resources they need to engage with voters. We provide currently unavailable core capacity and technical support for Nebraska nonprofit organizations, prioritizing a data-driven approach to civic engagement and communications strategies, facilitating a culture of collaboration between nonprofit partners, convening leadership to share best practices, and reducing duplication of efforts.
Benefits of memberships include support in the areas of:
- Coordinated, statewide nonpartisan voter registration and Get-Out-the-Vote (GOTV) campaigns.
- Access to civic engagement tools (e.g., predictive dialer, patch-through phone calls, phone and door-to-door canvassing lists, scripts, email blasts, etc.).
- Convening nonprofits and leaders to form workgroups on common issue campaigns (e.g., voter registration, health care, environment, immigration, budget & taxes, etc.).
- Media relations, messaging, and strategic communications support through a dedicated communications hub coordinated by the Nebraska Table Communications Director.
- Access to shared polling and research.
Data & Technology
- Access to statewide voter files (VAN), data management, and technical support from the Nebraska Table Data Director.
- Access to modeling resources to identify issue supporters.
- Access to reduced-cost technology through bulk technology purchases.
Leadership Development & Trainings
- Priority access to trainings and consultation for nonprofit staff (e.g., lobbying rules, message development, fundraising, finance and management best practices, etc.).
- Priority access to grassroots leadership and activist trainings for nonprofit members’ supporters (e.g., Camp Wellstone).
For more information about becoming a member of the Nebraska Civic Engagement Table, please contact Zack Burgin.